A Glance at Member Institutes
Wittgenstein Centre for Demography and Global Human Capital
The Centre is a collaboration among the World Population Program of the International Institute for Applied Systems Analysis (IIASA), the Vienna Institute of Demography of the Austrian Academy of Sciences (VID/ÖAW) and the Department of Demography of the University of Vienna. The Centre combines the partners’ strengths in the fields of demography, human capital formation and analysis of the returns to education.
- The Second Asian Population Forum was held at Shanghai University
- Two young Indian scholars won the Best Paper Award
- North Korean Officials and Scholars attend the Asian Population Forum and workshops for the first time
- Training Workshop 2: R for Demography & IUSSP Workshop on Estimating Migration with R
- Training Workshop 1: Methods and Models for Spatial Analysis on Population and Climate Change
- Kaoru Kakinuma published a paper in Environmental Research Letters
- FATIMA TEHREEM published a paper in Journal of Environmental Planning and Management
- Guillaume Marois published a paper in PNAS
- Call for Papers from The Wittgenstein Centre:Demographic Aspects of the COVID-19 Pandemic and its Consequences
- Application for MSc program at ADRI is open!
- The Second IFMS to be held in Cairo, January 2020
Who will live alone? The One-person Households in China, 2010 to 2050 .By Yeung Jean, with Qiushi Feng